Sunday, March 20, 2016

MYSTERY MASK REVEALED

CHAIM POTOK
I was so honored to be asked to create character masks for Davita's Harp. I had wanted to create a mask of the author Chaim Potok (z"l) but didn't have enough time. Last week I learned that his wife Adena would be in attendance at Sunday's matinee...and would do a talk-back with the audience following the performance. I knew I had to make a mask for her. I set to work, barely getting the backing glued on before Shabbes! He was completed this morning....a few final touchups on the mouth and glasses.

I had a vision of what Mr. Potok looked like and I set about making the mask...then I worried I might not even be close.....
I think I have an approximation. (See the photo below)



This afternoon's performance was wonderful. Meeting Adena Potok was an additional treat. She was impressively articulate with delightful responses to all our questions.

If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, please do. Last night's performance as well as this afternoon's matinee were sold out!
Scroll down to my previous post for website ticket purchase information.

No comments: