Monday, March 4, 2013

The Dresser Needs a New Name!




I'm flirting with names like "The Perils of Pauline", "Calamity Jane" or........"Frustration Masterpiece."

As I mentioned in an earlier post, some damage to one of the mirrors occurred. I showed up at Pioneer Place to re-do the stained glass pieces, only to discover that the beautiful store front (awesome donated space!) had overhead lights but none of the outlets worked!

What's a frustrated artist to do?   
OK, I was desperate!  I took the mirror and my tools to the Women's Room... I balanced everything across one of the sinks, plugged in my soldering iron and half an hour later, the mirror was finished!

It was actually a bit of a sociological study. What do people do when they discover someone doing something strange in a public restroom?.....they pretend they don't see you! 

Back in the store, ready to assemble the dresser again and........ the mounting screws have gone missing!  REALLY????

I'll be back tomorrow with new screws....... maybe the dresser will be finished...FOR REAL!

No comments: