Sunday, June 3, 2018

They Were Framed!





I've been privileged to work in the Mensches & Mavens program (M&Ms) at my synagogue (Neveh Shalom).  We match up 7th graders (mensches in training) with older congregants (mavens!)

The M&Ms met once a month for the entire school year doing a variety of activities , study, and some schmoozing. Secretly, the kids made fused glass photo frames for their mavens (and wrote lovely pantoums to them for the back side), while also secretly, the mavens made frames and pantoums for their mensches. Zoom in to see the great work. (There were two tables of frames!!!!)

I haven't posted much on my blog in awhile because my kiln was tied up with this project for some time. The gifts were traded a couple weeks ago ...and all seem rather joyous about the process. 

Next...I need to pull my studio together and do some clean up!
I am almost done with a commission...and then it will be time to begin creating new work for the fall ORA show. Posting will be sporadic this summer, but I will get some new pieces done!

Stay tuned.....and ...thanks for following my blog!

No comments: