Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Unglamorous Parts of Glass Art


SLUDGE! With time off from the kiln, it seemed like a good idea to focus energy on cleaning. In fact, I have been negligent about cleaning out my glass saw....something I am typically quite good about.
Glass particles mix with water and create sediment at the bottom of the saw. Some folks scrape it up, save it and fuse it. It is ugly. I don't do that. I throw it away....in the garbage.

So my saw is nearly spotless again...and I have only a few more pieces to cut before I can proclaim the ark door project complete. 

I cleaned up the kiln room as well.... the floor is swept, stray scraps of glass have been tossed, and tools returned to their rightful homes. The studio ( a separate space) is still a mess...but I'll get to that in late January.

Hopefully the kiln will be repaired in a day or two.... I can hope, can't I?

No comments: