Wednesday, January 10, 2018

....And now the GRINDER!!!!!

This is my old Wizling grinder.....that has been sitting dormant for too long.

The rule of thumb is to remove the grinder bit if you won't be using the grinder for awhile...otherwise the glass dust turns into a cement and locks the bit in place..... apparently, I didn't subscribe to that rule!

It appears that I never even finished cleaning it after I used it last, so that's a double shame on me!

A couple applications of WD-40, a locking wrench and a screw driver are getting me somewhere....I'm just not there yet!

So why do I need a grinder now? The 5th pane is about to get fused (yes,  #4 is a success!!!!) and I will likely need to grind down the edges of each pane so they will fit in their slots in the new ark.

Sigh.....1 giant step forward....and a couple steps back.  Assuming I can remove the old bit and get the new one on...I will do better on maintenance......a giant self promise!

No comments: