Friday, September 15, 2017

Creating the cartoon/glass pattern


Gary Pearlman is a fabulous designer...he drew this set of three panels... 
In order to make copies on a large format machine, I had to trace the pattern with a sharpie....
THEN, I had to flip one of the patterns and redraw it on the back side so I can have a right door pattern.

Tedious work, but also exciting...I am inching closer to the fun work. 

Next step in the process: number each piece on a master cartoon was well as on the other copies.....after each piece is numbers, the paper pattern has to be cut out and glued onto the right color of glass.

Time invested: 

40 minutes numbering the master cartoon and 2 pattern sets for cutting

Why did I forget to number the master before photo copying? SHEEESH!

Stay tuned...more to come!

No comments: