Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Painting with Nail Polish



I was spotted this afternoon at a local Target store, perusing the cosmetic isles! Yes....that was me!

I was looking for cheap nail polish. For those who know me...this is funny! 

Although my nails would probably benefit from more care and attention than I give them, the nail polish is for the chair affair project- not my nails!

I am sealing the silvering on the mirrors. The silver nail polish was on clearance so....I bought it! It sparkles!

No one will ever see the nail polish, but if it does it's job there shouldn't be any more de-silvering beyond the damage that age and abuse brought to these mirrors.  

A few more pieces of glass need to be cut, wrapped and soldered...just another 2 hours of work and the mirrors should done.

No comments: