Monday, February 11, 2013

Mirror, Mirror on the Rug....



The mirrors have been removed from the backings and each mirror has been wrapped in copper foil.  The bird is assembled from about 20 pieces of hand-cut glass. Decorative soldering and copper foil holds it together and when the rest of the stained glass elements are completed, I will attach them all to the three mirrors.

Tomorrow I'll paint the wood frames for the mirrors and finish the stained glass work. It's been awhile since I've done stained glass and I find I'm really enjoying the different rhythm of this work.

Finished projects by other artists are starting to come in to the warehouse. It's exciting to see what has been crafted for this wonderful event. The end of my project is just a couple of days away...I'm looking forward to calling it done!

No comments: