Thursday, March 21, 2024

Oh Lucy, I'm Home!

 

I Love Lucy! Yes, that was the name of her television show....but I love Lucy! 

Lucille Ball was not a compliant woman, at a time when women were expected to be agreeable and do what their husbands told them to do. 

My tribute to Lucy includes a chocolate heart necklace and earring (resin shaped to look like chocolate. That's a nod to a fabulously comedic episode where Lucy and Ethel work on an assembly line in a chocolate;late factory. Her other earring is a bottle of Vitameatavegamin which she was sampling repeatedly as she was being filmed for a tv commercial. Apparently this miracle supplement had a high alcohol content, so with each spoonful, she became increasingly drunk. Hysterical!!!!

Lucille was an elegant woman who wasn't afraid to  "act out'. Her over shirt is made from my mother's old lace table cloth. My mom and I used to watch reruns of this show in the 60's.... Mom would approve!

The pink heart was needle felted and bears her initials LB in rhinestones.

What can I say? I love Lucy!!!!! Come see her for yourself at the Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education on April 7th from 11a-4p! FREE ADMISSION to the museum and our show!

No comments: