Friday, February 1, 2019

Gratitude!

Artists do not need to work in isolation!

Our artists' guild offers artists the opportunity to be part of what we call critique groups, but really...they are support groups.

Each group is different and has a different way of operating.
The group I am part of is small. We all work in different media:
Silk painting, fabric construction, painting, bead work, and glass.

We come together to inspire each other, problem solve, study, and eat!

Most recently we  took on the challenge of creating art to celebrate Congregation Neveh Shalom's 150th anniversary!  Our work is going up in the Isaak Foyer and the exhibit will open February 10th. More about that in a future post.

This is my part one gratitude post. What would I do without the amazing women who have over the years encouraged and motivated me...and more importantly have consulted with me and on occasion, made elements to add on to my project?

I created a torah adornment (aka breastplate) that needed that extra bit of bling. Esther Liberman, our bead artist came to my rescue.
Don't let my poor photography skills take away from the beauty of these beads. They enhance the project in so many ways. Her choice of color, size, and texture all make for a stunning bit of embellishment. I'll post photos of the competed projects in another post. Looking at this photo I realize I need to get a better close up so you can appreciate the tiny copper elements sandwiched between glass beads.
Due to traveling, Esther was unable to create new work for this exhibition, but she has been involved with our process throughout. Esther is also our guild president and co-founder of the organization. 

Thank you Esther! You are amazing!      

Want to see her incredible artwork? Go to our ORA website or google: Esther Liberman bead artist. The work she does will amaze you!


No comments: