Tuesday, July 24, 2018

When I Am Not Making Glass

Well, it's been a little quiet in blog land...but I have been busy with a few things!

I just came back from an amazing retreat to the Oregon Coast ....where good food, relaxation, and lovely walks on the beach nourished my belly and my soul.

For several years I have taught a writing class at Rose Schnitzer Manor, an independent and assisted living facility right here in Portland. The group named themselves Older But Wiser several years ago. This is one of the most delightful groups of folks I know....and the average age hovers in the low 90's!

This year we have focused on the art of story telling, inspired by podcasts of THE MOTH.

They are now ready to perform. Each story is only 5-7 minutes long. They are humorous and wise.
They are also true stories. I can't boast enough about these incredible souls! I may be their teacher, but each of them is mentoring me in the fine art of aging well. Won't you join us?  We have a rehearsal at Rose Schnitzer Manor in Zidell Hall, August 21st at 7 pm but I want to encourage attendance at the Mittleman Jewish Community Center, 6651 SW Capitol Hwy, Portland OR....September 4.
Admission is of course, free.


No comments: