Thursday, December 28, 2017

My Kiln Has a Boo Boo!

I'm no kiln repair person, but my diagnosis is that the relays in my kiln are done in.  I had a small project to fire and when I checked on the kiln the next day, the computer said the project was complete ....but the kiln was still on...and firing hotter than the programmed settings. I thought I shut off the kiln a second AND a third time...but despite the readings on the computer, the kiln continued to rage....so, everything is now shut off at the fuse box until repairs happen.

             I found someone who does these repairs but he's on vacation til next week.  The last pane is in progress so the only hold up is firing. 

It's a great opportunity to catch up on other things, like cleaning the studio some more....an endless task complicated by the fact that I am a terrible organizer!  Oh well, I guess the kiln shut down is a blessing in disguise!

No comments: