Friday, November 24, 2017

Knowing When to Stop!




Knowing when to stop or at least when to take a break can be challenging when you want to just push through and "git 'er done!"

If I cut myself (even a little bit) it's time to take a break. Where there are competing projects....like Thanksgiving Dinner, I stop.

I raced against the clock today, but it is almost Shabbat...so I stop.

Leaves and vines have been cut out of paper and glued into place.
My father's tailoring tape measure served as inspiration and a reminder today to place the pieces as closely as possible to conserve glass. I don't want to have to go buy another piece in order to finish the project. Sunday I will resume my efforts and hope that pane #2 (middle left door) will be ready for the kiln by Monday at the latest.

In case you are tuning in to my blog now, let me catch you up.
Robison Jewish Home has been renovated thanks to the generosity of many....especially the Schnitzer Family. The new building is the Harold Schnitzer Health and Rehabilitation Center. The Chapel is currently also being renovated thanks to the generosity of the Glasgow/Cogan Families in memory of Sarah Glasgow Cogan. 

The ark has been designed (by Gary Pearlman) and it is complete, save for the glass window inserts (which I a making.) It's an exciting opportunity...and I will talk more about the people who are making this project happen in future blogs....but...I have to race against sundown, so for now....

...Shabbat Shalom Y'all!

No comments: