Saturday, June 4, 2016

Traveling in search of Glass...entry 1



Pardon my absence. I ran away to Europe with my husband. Among the many things I wanted to do, I wanted to see glass. Architectural glass, antique glass, contemporary glass.....

Our first stop was Ireland. The country is LOOOOONG on natural beauty. We found archeological ruins older than anything we've ever encountered. We found the locals to be so very warm and hospitable. It wasn't until our last night in Dublin that I really found any glass worthy of posting. 

These are evening shots along the river in Dublin. It is in the theater district and as the sun sets, these light poles illuminate the square. 

There are some great glass artists that live in Ireland....I just didn't get to see their work. I guess that's a great reason to go back!

No comments: