Thursday, October 22, 2015

Grandma Vera FInds a New Home!

GRANDMA VERA



Last weekend I joined my fellow ORA artists in a Celebration of a\Art weekend. It was an amazing event filled with music, fine art, food and drink samples....and more!

On Sunday a delightful woman came into my booth with her friend.
We chatted for a while and then she perused the glass in my booth. She was drawn to the masks I had displayed. 

I made theses masks last spring for the play 4,000 Miles.

What a pleasure to witness someone take just one look at my glass and ask..."How much?" 

Gulp! I love the masks and had become rather attached. I answered her question honestly and much to my surprise she said "I'll take it!" We exchanged names and I instantly recognized it! Many, many years ago, I was her daughter's camp counselor. Remarkably, she wanted to buy the Grandma Vera mask for her daughter...my former camper! 

Knowing that the mask is going to a good home where she will be appreciated just made my day!  Having a connection with the new owner....well, that is just awesome!
 

No comments: