Wednesday, March 20, 2024

A Tribute to Harpo!

 

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I only make masks of individuals I wouldn't mind inhabiting space on my walls. Harpo is one of those characters who remind me how important it is to be silly and laugh!

As a child, I delighted in watching Marx Brothers movies on tv. I still do!
Harpo was the most musically talented of all the brothers...and could make people laugh without uttering a word!

His hat is made of felt with green sparkles that match his eyes. His time is made of needle felted wool and the harp is a sticker I found.  His hair? Dolls hair from a local craft store....and yes, it's a real bike horn!

He'll be available for purchase at the ORA Artist A-Z sale at the Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education on April 7th.... Thanks 11a-7p ! Come see me...more importantly, come see him. I think he's kinda cute!

 

No comments: